TOWER BRIDGE LAUNCHES NEW FAMILY TRAIL ALONGSIDE THE FOURTH BOOK IN THE BELOVED TOWER BRIDGE CAT SERIES
- London’s defining landmark, Tower Bridge, is launching a new Family Trail, inspired by The Tower Bridge Cat book series on 11 February 2023.
- Tower Bridge Cat Day, the 11 February 2023, also sees the launch of the fourth instalment of the award-winning ‘Tower Bridge Cat’ series.
- The Tower Bridge Cat ABC book goes on sale exclusively at Tower Bridge for one week only from 11 Feb, before it goes on nationwide sale so make sure to grab your early copy!
- This book is aimed at pre-readers and toddlers taking their first steps towards learning the alphabet.
- The book includes beautiful illustrations for each letter alongside fun storylines featuring Bella the Tower Bridge Cat and her friends set in and around the historic silhouette of London’s Tower Bridge.
- The new interactive activity trail will give families the chance to explore the inside of Tower Bridge and enjoy breath-taking views from the upper levels of London's most famous structure.
- On launch day, Saturday 11 February, visitors will be able to hear exclusive book readings from the author, Tee Dobinson and signings from both Tee and the illustrator Steve Cox.
Fans may be fur-miliar with Bella from the first three books in the series. In The Tower Bridge Cat, the furry Londoner was caught up in an adventure inspired by the true story of a bus jumping over Tower Bridge in 1952. In The Tower Bridge Cat and the Baby Whale Bella returned to save a baby whale stuck under the Bridge with the help of her pilot friend, Maya the Flyer, while The Tower Bridge Cat and the Missing Button saw Bella on a mission to find the shiny silver button that opens and closes Tower Bridge.
Join the book launch at Tower Bridge Cat Day– 11 February
- The interactive Family Trail, inspired by Bella’s adventures, launches on Saturday 11 February, and will continue until the end of 2023.
- Join a book reading happening every hour from 11am-5pm in the Engine Rooms.
- Collect your Apprenticeship Record and complete the tasks as you make your way through the Bridge. As Bella guides you through the Trail you will meet a collection of colourful characters from the furr-tastic series, including the Bridge Master and Bella’s team – Hannah the Cook, Poppy the Painter and Stan the Stoker along with the identical twins, Eddie the Engineer and Olly the Oiler.
- Included in the ticket price alongside the book readings and the Trail will be complimentary face painting, meet the book characters brought to life by live actors, photo opportunities with the author and illustrator and the chance to purchase the book before it goes on general sale to the public for £7.99.
Experience the Tower Bridge Cat Trail – running until December 2023
Join Bella the Tower Bridge Cat and the characters from the award-winning books as you make your way through Tower Bridge.
Visitors will enjoy pop-up graphic installations and be able to complete their Apprenticeship Record, pass their apprenticeship and become part of Bella’s special Tower Bridge Team. Good luck!
Suitable for ages 4+. Adults: £11.40; Children aged 5 to 15: £5.70; Under 5s and cats go free! Family tickets are also available from £19.38.
Book tickets and learn more at:https://www.towerbridge.org.uk/discover/tower-bridge-cat
For further information, images or author interview requests please contact:
Notes to editor:
Tower Bridge (http://www.towerbridge.org.uk/)
- Tower Bridge was the creation of architect Sir Horace Jones and civil engineer Sir John Wolfe Barry. It took eight years to complete and was officially opened on 30 June 1894 by the Prince and Princess of Wales (the future King Edward VII and Queen Alexandra)
- In 1982 Tower Bridge opened as a visitor attraction to the public for the first time since 1910. Since then, visitor numbers have grown annually with approx. 850,000 visiting in 2019, which was the 125th anniversary since the opening back in 1894.
- Tower Bridge opening hours are from 09:30 – 18:00 with last entry at 17:00.
- The Tower Bridge Community Ticket invites residents of Southwark, Tower Hamlets and the City of London to visit for £1 only.
- Admission prices for Tower Bridge:
o Adults: £11.40
o Children aged 5-15: £5.70
o Concessions: £8.60
o Family tickets from £19.38
o Under 5s free
- The nearest underground stations are London Bridge or Tower Hill
- Visit the iconic Glass Floor on the high-level Walkways, which gives visitors a unique perspective of London 42 metres above the Thames. Visitors are able to tread on the glass floor panels whilst traffic passes beneath their feet. It can withstand the weight equivalent to one elephant or two London Black Cabs.
- Tower Bridge received a Visit England Welcome Accolate for 2021-22. Following the Gold Accolade in both 2018 and 2019. These awards recognise quality visitor experiences on offer and is awarded to attractions that go the extra mile to provide a high-quality day out.
- Tower Bridge is supported and managed by Bridge House Estates (BHE) whose Trustee is The City of London Corporation.
- Tower Bridge is London’s defining landmark and is a proud supporter of the BHE’s charitable arm, City Bridge Trust, generating over £6m a year, which goes towards helping charitable causes across London.
About the Tower Bridge Cat books
This is the fourth book in the Tower Bridge Cat (Bella) series, written by London author Tee Dobinson, illustrated by Steve Cox and published by Baizdon. The first book won Best Children’s Publication at Association of Cultural Enterprises Awards in 2019 and the first two books were joint winners of the GOLD Award for Kids Fiction, WGTD Awards 2020