OPEN FOR BUSINESS: HARD ROCK CAFE PICCADILLY CIRCUS
- Hard Rock International opens its doors to a new state-of-the-art cafe spanning two floors and 1,900 square metres in Piccadilly Circus’ Criterion Building
- From a digital ceiling to tube station-themed dining booths, the restaurant embodies a new design concept from the brand, inspired by the spirit of London
- 70% of the memorabilia is a world exclusive – never-before-seen in Hard Rock locations worldwide
- The location offers innovative new food, drink and merchandise items exclusive to Piccadilly Circus
- To book a table visit: https://www.hardrockcafe.com/location/piccadilly-circus/
- Official Grand Opening Party will take place later this year. Further details will be announced from Kallaway PR. Please look out for future updates and information.
London, 8 July 2019 – Hard Rock International has opened the doors to its newest flagship cafe and Rock Shop in the heart of London’s Piccadilly Circus. Spanning more than 1,900 square metres over two floors, the cafe marks the first Hard Rock location to showcase its modern vision in a transformative new look. The brand is shaking things up with a new design style, the world’s largest Rock Shop, contemporary memorabilia, and a new menu with items exclusive to the iconic location.
Combining the eclectic vibe of Piccadilly Circus with the spirit of rock synonymous with the Hard Rock brand, the state-of-the-art cafe pays tribute to the Criterion Building’s prestigious heritage and unbeatable West End location. The new design style from Fuse Studios draws on inspiration from the city with Victorian glazed tiling, fabrics and colours of the London Underground, along with tube station-shaped dining booths.
A spectacular digital ceiling cascades over the staircase between the Rock Shop on the Ground Floor, and restaurant on the Lower Ground Floor. The state-of-the-art flexible curved video tiles display video content shot in the UK and edited by Hard Rock solely for the new cafe, leading the way to Hard Rock’s immersive dining experience.
The restaurant seating 320 guests features an open kitchen concept with the brand’s “Love All – Serve All” mantra prominently displayed above it. The layout includes a stone pizza oven and milkshake station, allowing guests to look on as their food and shake is being prepared, while enjoying the one-of-a-kind Hard Rock experience with family and friends.
For epic group entertainment experiences, a stage is centred in the main dining room, and a private events room is available for up to 40 guests.
Walk in and be wowed by the walls adorned with authentic, one-of-a-kind memorabilia from decades of music history. 70 percent of the memorabilia items exhibited have never been on display at any other Hard Rock location worldwide. For the first time, guests will have the chance to get up and close with pieces from UK legends such as Freddie Mercury, David Bowie and George Michael, alongside contemporary artists such as Ed Sheeran, Charli XCX, Ellie Goulding, and Amy Winehouse.
Food and Drink
Expect new food items exclusive to Hard Rock Cafe Piccadilly Circus in Europe, including:
- TOMAHAWK STEAK – The king of steak cuts. 1 kilo Tomahawk Steak seasoned and grilled to perfection, served with Hard Rock’s signature steak sauce, herb garlic butter and choice of two sides.
- CEDAR PLANK SALMON - Fresh Scottish Salmon oven-roasted and served on a cedar plank, with a mango & pineapple salsa, grilled corn on the cob and a fresh beet salad with toasted pepita seeds.
- BBQ CHICKEN – Half roasted chicken layered with signature spices and Hard Rock’s signature barbecue sauce, served with green beans and twisted macaroni & cheese.
Diners can also feast on favourites from Hard Rock Cafe’s world-famous new menu, including the 24-Karat Gold Leaf Steak Burger™, Original Legendary® Burger, One Night In Bangkok Spicy Shrimp™, New York Cheesecake, boozy milkshakes, sliders and shareable Southwest Chicken Flatbread and Three-Cheese Roma Tomato Flatbread.
Thirst-quenching cocktails exclusive to the new location in Europe, include authentic classics and new cocktails blended from the latest mixology trends:
- PINK PICCADILLY PIMM’S – Beefeater PiNK Gin, Pimm’s No. 1, fresh lemon juice, prickly pear shaken frothy and cold finished with a signature London print.
- HOUSE-INFUSED GIN & TONIC – Sipsmith London Dry Gin house-infused with fresh strawberries, cucumbers and fennel poured tableside with Fever-Tree Aromatic Tonic Water.
- OLD FASHIONED – Jack Daniel’s Rye Whiskey, Angostura bitters and house-made brown sugar syrup.
- ESPRESSO MARTINI – Grey Goose Vodka, Kahlúa, fresh brewed espresso shaken until frothy and chilled, finished with a signature London print.
The Rock Shop at Hard Rock Cafe Piccadilly Circus is the largest in the world, spanning 7,500 sq. ft. in a nod to British culture, the City Collection will feature Union Jack and Piccadilly Circus inspired products, exclusively available at Hard Rock Cafe Piccadilly Circus.
Shop items including the Bus Guitar Pick Pin, a red double decker bus passing in front of the iconic Piccadilly Circus; the Go Go Girl Pin, a Swinging Sixties Girl against the backdrop of a Piccadilly Circus sign; or the City Tee Pin, a shaped guitar with a panoramic view of Piccadilly Circus and the London Eye. A similar design is also available in the best-selling City Tee.
Stephen K. Judge, President of Cafe Operations for Hard Rock International, comments: “We are committed to bringing the Hard Rock experience to even more Londoners with the opening of the new flagship restaurant. With Piccadilly Circus a hotbed for entertainment, it seemed only fitting to make this the first site to embody our new vision for Hard Rock – from the design aesthetic to the menu and never-before-seen memorabilia. We’re excited to see what locals and visitors to the Capital make of it.”
David Pellow, Senior Vice President of Cafe Operations for Hard Rock International, comments: “Expanding our brand within the city where it all began is an exciting opportunity for Hard Rock as we debut our modern vision for the future. We have a deep commitment and love for London, and being from the UK, I am grateful that the brand continues to show its commitment to the community and visitors from around the world.”
Hard Rock Cafe Piccadilly Circus is located at 225-229 Piccadilly and will bring approximately 350 new jobs to the area. It will complement the first Hard Rock Cafe on Old Park Lane, which will remain open and keep its historic décor elements intact to pay homage to Hard Rock’s roots.
Piccadilly Circus address:
Hard Rock International
About Hard Rock®:
With venues in 73 countries including 185 cafes, 237 Rock Shops®, 28 hotels and 11 casinos, Hard Rock International (HRI) is one of the most globally recognized companies. Beginning with an Eric Clapton guitar, Hard Rock owns the world’s most valuable collection of music memorabilia, which is displayed at its locations around the globe. Hard Rock is also known for its collectible fashion and music-related merchandise available in Rock Shops and online at https://shop.hardrock.com. HRI owns the global trademark for all Hard Rock brands including Hard Rock Live® performance venues. The company owns, operates and franchises Cafes in iconic cities including London, New York, San Francisco, Sydney and Dubai. HRI also owns, licenses and/or manages hotel/casino properties worldwide. Destinations include the company’s two most successful Hotel and Casino properties in Tampa and Hollywood, FL., both owned and operated by HRI parent entity The Seminole Tribe of Florida. Other exciting Hotel & Casino locations include Atlantic City and Punta Cana. Hard Rock Hotels are located in vibrant city and resort destinations such as Bali, Cancun, Daytona Beach, Desaru Coast, Ibiza, London, Orlando and Shenzhen. Upcoming new Hard Rock Cafe locations include Piccadilly Circus in the United Kingdom, Kathmandu, Nepal, Kyoto, Japan, Asuncion, Paraguay and Chandigarh, India. New Hard Rock Hotel, Casino or Hotel & Casino projects include Amsterdam, Berlin, Budapest, Dublin, Los Cabos, Madrid, Maldives, New York City, Ottawa, Sacramento, Dalian and Haikou in China. In 2018, Hard Rock International was recognized as a Forbes Magazine Top Employer for Women and Land Operator of the Year at the Global Gaming Awards. In 2019, Hard Rock International was honored as one of Forbes Magazine’s America’s Best Large Employers. For more information on Hard Rock International visit www.hardrock.com.