UK’S HIGHEST ROOF GARDEN LAUNCHES AT LANDMARK PINNACLE WITH BREATHTAKING VIEWS OF LONDON
- Landmark Pinnacle’s roof garden ‘The Sky Terrace’ occupies the 75th floor of the UK’s highest residential building developed by Chalegrove Properties.
- The roof garden is 762 ft (232m) in the sky and features the highest living walls in the UK, spanning 9,688 ft2 (900m2) featuring 13,000 plants.
- A recent boom in roof gardens means London’s elevated green spaces now cover 371 acres – bigger than Hyde Park.
- Homes are available at Landmark Pinnacle with prices starting from £582,250.
- For images and video of The Sky Terrace please visit: https://mediacentre.kallaway.com/
In early October 2022 the UK’s highest roof garden will launch at Landmark Pinnacle, spanning the 75th floor of the UK’s tallest residential tower developed by Chalegrove Properties. The Sky Terrace is the highest private amenity space ever created in London, offering uninterrupted 360° views that one would typically only be treated to when airborne. Residents will be enthralled by unparalleled views of iconic London landmarks including The Shard, Tower Bridge, The 02 Arena, Big Ben, the Royal Observatory and the London Eye.
The one-of-a-kind space features the UK’s highest living walls, featuring 13,000 plants selected to endure wind and sunlight, including hardy and robust evergreen varieties with dashes of colour.
Chalegrove Properties, the developer of Landmark Pinnacle, working with Squire and Partners architects and Farrer Huxley Landscape Architects had a collective vision to create a unique space befitting of the exceptional views which surround the roof garden. The space has been designed as a pair of landscaped external terraces providing spectacular panoramic views over London, while offering a healthy environment embracing biophilia to ensure residents can connect with nature in an otherwise urban setting.
Triple height glazed roof gardens crown the development and create 6566 ft2 (610m2) of planted space, with seating and relaxation areas arranged to offer the best vistas over Canary Wharf to the East and London and The Thames to the West. The East terrace has been divided into a series of irregular niche corners with arranged seating designed for quiet contemplation, whilst the West side is more open for larger gatherings and social occasions. The contrasting areas add interest ensuring the space is inviting to all.
Other key features of the roof garden:
- Interior design: Evokes a feeling of contemporary luxury to create a space that residents can truly enjoy and relax in.
- Planting scheme: The planting is designed to deliver seasonal variety changing at every stage of the year so the space is never the same whenever it is visited.
- Landscape: Is an important outdoor space where all residents and visitors can enjoy respite and relaxation. The mix of sensational views in this rooftop oasis will make ‘The Sky Terrace’ a desirable backdrop for residents seeking to host guests or for celebrations.
- Colour palette: The palette employed is harmonious with the other amenity levels in the building and incorporates vibrant pops of colour. Echoing the garden context and the nearby river, the colour palette includes pops of deep blues and burnt reds, set against a backdrop of calm textured neutral tones.
- Lighting: Carefully designed to complement and not take over from the planting and hard landscaping, it was important for the lighting to help foster a sense of atmosphere in the exterior spaces. The bespoke lighting provides sufficient illumination for residents to go about their activities in safety, whilst being low-key enough to not reflect too brightly in the outer glazed walls after dark and obliterate prized views over the capital.
- Furniture: Contemporary furniture pieces that reflect the blending of indoor and outdoor living have been selected by Squire & Partners’ interior design team. A range of seating options – from lounge-style pieces to more formal arrangements – encourage different activities, whilst textured fabrics and organic forms complement the rooftop garden setting.
- Materials: The introduction of natural materials such as stone and timber which are harmonious with the planting scheme have been selected to bring a sense of nature into the space. Materials have been selected to complement each other and provide a timeless yet relaxing environment in which residents can unwind and enjoy the double height glazing which maximises sightlines and vistas.
- Exercise: From yoga to Pilates, residents can partake in truly elevated fitness experiences all year round.
Rami Atallah, Director, Chalegrove Properties said, “We are thrilled to have created The Sky Terrace, showcasing unparalleled views of the city and bringing green spaces into Canary Wharf. With an innovative design and home to UK’s highest living wall, this architectural feat is the icing on the cake of Landmark Pinnacle which offers residents a truly one-of-a-kind lifestyle."
Michelle Bishop, Director at JLL, added: “Buyers are increasingly seeking out green spaces to strike the all-important work life balance and improve their wellbeing. Landmark Pinnacle ticks all the boxes offering would-be residents with exclusive access to gardens on both the 75th and 27th floors, accompanied by sensational West and East views of London’s iconic skyline.”
Noel Farrer, Director, Farrer Huxley and Landscape Institute Vice President said, “This space was pioneering and visionary in its ambition when we conceived it with Chalegrove Properties. This is especially so with the need for outdoor space and being closer to nature becoming an important component for modern living. I am excited to see it realised for residents to enjoy.”
David Hill, Associate Director at Squire & Partners said, “Squire & Partners’ brief for Level 75 was to create an exceptional outdoor amenity offering, capitalising on Landmark Pinnacle’s height, prominent riverside location and enviably unobstructed views over the capital. Located at the crowning point of the development, our response features double height glazing to maximise sightlines for the widest practicable vistas across east and west London and creates sheltered communal space outside apartments for residents to enjoy together.’
Richard Sabin, Managing Director Biotecture said, “Bringing nature into our cities is a vital component for a sustainable future. Our connection to the natural world is often overlooked in this increasingly urban world. Green infrastructure such as green walls, green roofs and roof gardens, can be targeted to bring plants to the very places where we need them and where they can add value.
Biotecture were delighted to work with Chalegrove Properties to design and install the living walls at Landmark Pinnacle. These living walls are the highest in the country and our team are looking forward to enjoying the views during our regular maintenance visits!”
Embracing biophilic design
It is well known that bringing greenery into urban spaces can help reduce stress and anxiety, and together with the wider planting scheme on the roof, the living walls form the backdrop for a tranquil and relaxing place for residents and their guests to unwind.
The roof garden joins the tropical garden on Level 27 as examples of innovative ways that nature is being woven into Landmark Pinnacle to enrich the wellbeing of residents. Landmark Pinnacle is leading the way in how biophilic design can address a deficiency of green spaces and interactions with nature that can be attributed to urban living. Biophilia is an innate affinity human beings have with the natural world. By applying biophilic design principles at Landmark Pinnacle, we can subconsciously reconnect people with nature, whether this be through direct experiences, such as plants and water, or indirect experiences, such as natural materials, lighting, and organic forms.
The roof garden is one of several amenity spaces available to all residents at Landmark Pinnacle:
- Private cinema seating 22 guests for screenings all year round on the 1st Floor.
- The Panoramic Sky Gardens, the UK’s highest indoor tropical garden on the 27th floor takes inspiration from the world-famous Kew Botanical Gardens featuring over 3,500 plants.
- The Residents Club Lounge offers a place for quiet contemplation with a morning coffee or an evening with friends over a game of pool, retro arcade, table tennis or virtual golf on the 56th Floor.
- Private bars and dining rooms are perfect for entertaining and meetings on the 27th Floor.
- UK’s highest gym on the 56th floor offers state-of-the-art Technogym equipment and classes to rival a five-star hotel or spa with panoramic floor to ceiling panoramic views.
firstname.lastname@example.org or 07827 812 813
Notes to editors
About Landmark Pinnacle
Landmark Pinnacle is the UK’s tallest residential building and is designed both externally and internally by world famous star-architect Squire and Partners.
Located in Canary Wharf and spanning 75 floors, Landmark Pinnacle offers residents breath-taking panoramic views of London’s iconic skyline. The residence also includes exceptional amenity spaces for residents to enjoy including the UK’s highest gym, a private cinema, dining spaces, and London’s highest private roof terrace on the 75th floor.
Winner “Best Luxury High Rise Living” at the Luxury Lifestyle Awards 2022.
Winner “Major Development of the Year” award for Major Projects at the Premier Guarantee Excellent Awards 2021.
About Chalegrove Properties Ltd. [CPL]
For over 30 years, Chalegrove Properties Limited (CPL) have delivered some of the UK’s most admired and commercially successful, high-end residential projects. Their position as one of London’s leading developers is a result of the strategic, long-term approach they have adopted since their incorporation in 1989.
This proven track-record has given them a deep and wide-ranging knowledge of the market, encompassing land acquisition, planning, design and construction, sales and marketing, to final completion.
Nowhere is this more apparent than in the award-winning Landmark family of buildings, also known as the Landmark Estate, to which Landmark Pinnacle will be the last and most celebrated addition.
The living walls at Level 75 were designed and installed by Biotecture, the UK’s leading living wall specialist. Biotecture’s mission is to transform urban architecture for the well-being of people, planet and business.
- ENDS ALL -
 London Evening Standard, 3 May 2019, https://www.standard.co.uk/homesandproperty/property-news/london-s-rooftop-building-boom-highrise-gardens-across-the-capital-now-cover-a-space-larger-than-hyde-park-a129996.html