ONE WEEK TO GO UNTIL THE 10TH EDITION OF AFFORDABLE ART FAIR HAMPSTEAD
If you would like to attend the Charity Private View (5 – 9pm, 4 May) or visit throughout the Fair run (5 – 8 May), please get in touch at email@example.com
- Affordable Art Fair Hampstead is back next week to celebrate its special 10th edition on beautiful Hampstead Heath from 5 – 8 May. Discover 1,000s of contemporary artworks from over 100 leading UK and international galleries, alongside special displays, curated collections and more. Prices range from £50 - £7,500.
- Especially for Hampstead at 10, look out for curated collections of works that celebrate the rich local history and culture of Hampstead Heath, including a display of Hampstead Modernists from local experts Burgh House, whilst Norwegian artist Marit Geraldine Bostad (Mint Art Gallery) is set to produce a limited edition run of 10 NFTs of her evocative abstract work, Words 3, which fronted this year’s campaign poster.
- Enjoy art after dark with music, drinks and more at the Thursday Late View, or enjoy a weekend day out on the Heath, with the fair open until 7pm Friday and Saturday so you can make the most of the spring sunshine. Families can save on tickets at Family Hour (11am – 12pm, Saturday and Sunday).
- Savvy investors can snap up work by rising stars in the art world, with the finalists of Jackson’s Painting Prize 2022, the Made in Arts London showcase, and Camden Black Creatives’s stand - for a host of brand new artists to discover.
- Don’t miss the Emergence Commission; a new large scale installation made to celebrate the 10th edition of the Hampstead Fair. Titled Can you smell the petrichor or is it just blossoms?, the sculptural piece will take over the entrance foyer at the fair, and explores man’s relationship with nature as we emerge from the pandemic.
- Partners include wealth management experts JM Finn (Lead Partner), and Charity Partner Maggie’s Royal Free, everyone’s home of cancer care.
- Tickets must be booked in advance via: affordableartfair.com/fairs/london-hampstead/
- Please find high resolution artwork images to download here. Please credit as in the file names.
There’s just under a week to go until Affordable Art Fair Hampstead celebrates 10 years of hosting their joyful fairs on North London’s stunning Hampstead Heath, 5 – 8 May! Expect a packed programme with over 100 leading exhibiting galleries from across the UK and around the world, alongside a landmark installation, specially curated displays celebrating the iconic landscape and rich cultural history of the local area, curated works under £500, activities for families and much more!
WHAT’S ON AT HAMPSTEAD’S 10th EDITION
Over 100 exhibiting galleries
With over 100 exhibiting galleries showcasing 1,000s of artworks, there is so much amazing art to discover. Expect an exciting array of international art from 25 oversees exhibitors hailing from all over the world, including Contempop Gallery (New York, USA), Barnes Collective (South Africa), Ronen Gallery (The Netherlands) and T&B Gallery (South Korea) amongst many others.
Joining the fair for the first time are Air Contemporary; set up in 2020 by Maria Morrow, local north Londoners Camden Black Creatives and Camden Open Air Gallery, Morningside Gallery from Edinburgh, Prince Art Gallery from Italy and many more.
Just announced: the Emergence Commission
Visitors will be greeted by a new large-scale installation at the fair’s entrance: Can you smell the petrichor or is it just the blossoms? which will be unveiled to celebrate Hampstead’s 10th edition commissioned by Affordable Art Fair in collaboration with Arts SU (the students’ union for University of the Arts, London). Created by artists Victoria Yeo and Pei Yi Goh, the impressive 10x10 metre installation explores man’s relationship with nature as we emerge from the pandemic, and is made up of a series of steel mesh sculptures, covered by over 250 handmade flowers, each made from recycled plastic bottles.
Read more about the piece here: https://affordableartfair.com/inspiration/the-emergence-commission-hampstead/
Limited edition NFTs featuring stunning campaign artwork
If you’ve been enticed by the star of Hampstead’s poster campaign – an evocative abstract work by Norwegian artist Marit Geraldine Bostad called Words 3 – you can get your hands on a limited series of 10 NFTs of the work, created especially for Hampstead’s 10th edition. Head to Mint Art Gallery’s stand for more information and to purchase.
Championing Emerging Artists
For the ninth year, Affordable Art Fair is teaming up with Made in Arts London, a non-profit enterprise that promotes art and design from the brightest emerging talent across University of The Arts London (UAL)’s six colleges and institutes. Browse and buy exciting new works from the Made in Arts London 2021 cohort’s Iridescent Collection – featuring a broad spectrum of work across print, photography, illustration, sculpture and ceramics.
Works from finalists of the prestigious Jackson’s Painting Prize 2022, including winner Lorena Levi’s captivating portraits, will be shown in public for the first time at Affordable Art Fair Hampstead. The showcase will feature works selected by an expert judging panel of artists, art advisors, and leading figures in the contemporary art world – including Affordable Art Fair’s own UK Regional Managing Director, Jennifer Conner.
Plus, check out work from Camden Black Creatives (CBC), showing for the first time at Affordable Art Fair. Camden Black Creative’s mission is to bring more visibility to the work of established and up-and-coming Black cretives across the London Borough of Camden.
Browse stunning displays dedicated to the local iconic landscape of Hampstead, including works by the Hampstead Modernists, on loan from local museum Burgh House. Plus, head to North London Printmakers for a range of North London themed prints!
Family Hour: families save on tickets at weekend Family Hour (11am – 12pm Saturday and Sunday) and can enjoy a special pack of activities courtesy of Lead Partners, JM Finn.
FROM OUR PARTNERS
- As Lead Partner of the fair, wealth management firm JM Finn bring their expert investment advice to Hampstead visitors, sharing Affordable Art Fair’s vision to make art collecting accessible to all.
- Visit Charity Partner Maggie’s Royal Free’s stand at the fair to find out more about their ground-breaking programme of free cancer care, and see how you can support their brilliant work.
Tickets must be booked in advance at: https://affordableartfair.com/fairs/london-hampstead/
Fair Founder Will Ramsay, and new UK Fair Director Hugo Barclay, are available for interview on topics including investing in art, choosing art for the home, and making art accessible to all. Barclay joined in February 2022 from the London Art Fair. All media questions enquiries please contact: KallawayEmail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone: 07717 574 479
Notes to editors
Affordable Art Fair Hampstead, 5 – 8 May 2022
Lower Fairground Site, Hampstead Heath, London, NW3 1TH
Thursday 5 May, 11am – 9pm
Friday 6 May, 11am – 7pm
Saturday 7 May, 11am – 7pm
Sunday 8 May, 11am – 6pm
Weekend Family Hour – 11am – 12pm
Charity Private View: Wednesday 4 May, 5 – 9pm
In support of Maggie’s Royal Free, everyone’s home of cancer care
Charity Private View - £27
Thursday Late View - £22
Weekday General Admission - £11
Weekend General Admission - £14
Weekend Family Hour - £20, admits two adults and up to three children under 16
Concessions - £10, for over 65s, full time students, and those in receipt of jobseeker’s allowance or income support - (proof of concession required)
Access Admission - £10; for disabled visitors and Blue Badge holders; free carer / companion ticket provided*.
Under 16s - free, booking required and must be accompanied by an adult
About Affordable Art Fair
Affordable Art Fair has revolutionised and democratised the art market with its fun and accessible approach, bringing art under £7,500 to fairs in 10 cities around the world, including three fairs a year in London’s Battersea Park and Hampstead Heath, which celebrates its 10th edition in 2022. The company’s dedicated online marketplace allows art-lovers to browse and buy online 24/7. Since the launch of the marketplace, thousands of artworks have found a new home and there are now over 25,000 pieces from 250 galleries available on AffordableArt.com
About JM Finn – Lead Partner
JM Finn is a wealth management firm that seeks to provide a personalised approach to investment and wealth management for today’s private investors and their advisers, by placing a dedicated investment manager as the central point of contact for all clients.
With over 100 investment professionals, JM Finn look after more than £11.8 billion on behalf of over 18,500 clients (as of 31 December 2021). The firm is headquartered in London and has four regional offices around the country in Bristol, Bury St Edmunds, Leeds and Winchester.
JM Finn is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).
Charity Partner: Maggie’s Royal Free
Maggie’s has pioneered a ground-breaking programme of practical and emotional support available free of charge to people with any type of cancer, at any stage. Every year over 360,000 people in the UK are diagnosed with cancer, facing life changing decisions, exhausting treatment and emotions that can range from anxiety to loneliness. Every Maggie’s centre is built with an appreciation of how environment can affect wellbeing, contrasting from the clinical feel of a hospital, a home away from home. Maggie’s Royal Free is based at The Royal Free Hospital, Pond Street, in North London.