AFFORDABLE ART FAIR RETURNS TO BATTERSEA WITH ART FOR ALL THIS AUTUMN 2021
- Affordable Art Fair returns to Battersea Park, 21-24 October with an ever-growing line-up of emerging and established galleries, alongside entertainment and installations for an art aficionado’s dream day, or night, out
- Designer, artist and BBC Big Painting Challenge mentor Pascal Anson is onboard to curate the ever-popular Recent Grads Exhibition, for those looking for savvy investments in artists to watch
- The world’s first super premium gin, Martin Miller’s Gin, will launch as the Fair’s new Official Drinks Partner with a series of educational and inspiring masterclasses and tastings with its global brand ambassador, creative themed bar installations and delicious art-inspired gin serves
- Martin Miller’s Gin also reveals the Art out of Isolation installation Fluid Form, by Violeta Maya and Persiis Hajiyanni, which allows visitors to experience the transformative power of water and reflect on the theme of solitude post-pandemic
- Family Hour is back from 10am Saturday and Sunday with savings on group tickets
- All tickets must be booked in advance, on sale 1 September at affordableartfair.com
- Images: https://we.tl/t-g9zykP8Bm7
As the world opens back up, the demand for cultural events is on the rise and come Autumn, the Affordable Art Fair returns to Battersea Park 21-24 October. Over 90 galleries are confirmed to set up shop with 1,000s of affordable, original contemporary artworks under one roof. Those looking for the perfect new piece can peruse household names alongside emerging new talent, all priced between £50 - £6,000.
What to see this year:
BBC’s Pascal Anson showcases the art world’s rising stars
Affordable Art Fair has teamed up with designer, artist and BBC Big Painting Challenge mentor Pascal Anson to curate the Recent Grads Exhibition. Championing exciting, emerging artistic talent from this year’s crop of UK art school luminaries, the annual collection has secured a reputation year-on-year as one of the best places to view and purchase breakthrough graduate work as it debuts to market.
Over 90 galleries and 1,000’s of artists
This Battersea edition will showcase talent from across world, welcoming back national and international galleries showcasing a wide array of affordable artworks by established artists and rising stars.
The Art out of Isolation commission - Fluid Form - an unmissable sensory experience
Artist duo Violeta Maya and Persiis Hajiyanni’s Fluid Form highlights the transformative power of water and invites viewers to reflect on the theme of isolation post-pandemic. Especially commissioned for the Affordable Art Fair Battersea by Martin Miller’s Gin, this immersive sculptural installation is made from hand blown glass and filled with ice, which periodically melts and transforms from a solid to a liquid, creating a flow of mesmerising movements. Whilst the sculpture is in constant flux, Fluid Form invites the viewer to find stillness and reflection.
Fluid Form is the result of an artists’ open call responding to the theme of transformation, which lies at the heart of the creative process of Martin Miller’s Gin, as it blends its English-distilled gin with the purest Icelandic spring water, with each element transforming the other to produce the smooth taste for which it is world-renowned.
Violeta Maya is represented by Flecha and Rodrigo Juarranz Gallery
Persiis Hajiyanni is represented by Flecha
Martin Miller’s Gin – Official Drinks Partner
Visitors working up a thirst can enjoy a host of delicious art-inspired gin serves provided by the world’s first super premium gin, Martin Miller’s Gin, Official Drinks Partner of the Affordable Art Fair 2021. They can also enjoy daily masterclasses and gin tastings as part of the fair experience.
Family Hour for arty parents to bring the buggy and enjoy an exclusive shopping experience
Family Hour returns from 10 – 11am at the weekend, allowing exclusive early entry for families to enjoy the Fair without the crowds. Families can buy group tickets for discounts
“We are proud to have been a vital lifeline to so many artists and galleries during the pandemic, helping showcase and sell artworks online and at our first ever Summer Fair which was a storming success. Major events have a big role to play in supporting the UK’s creative industries, and art collectors will be spoilt for choice as we rock up at Battersea once more this year for our Autumn Fair.” Will Ramsay, Affordable Art Fair CEO and Founder
Planning your visit
Affordable Art Fair, alongside the venue, Evolution London in Battersea Park, is committed to making visiting as safe as possible. The Fair aims to deliver the art-filled and fun experience while maintaining a safe environment in line with the UK Government’s latest advice on indoor gatherings. For more information, please visit: https://affordableartfair.com/fairs/london-battersea-autumn/
Tickets are onsale 1 September. Book online in advance of the event at: affordableartfair.com
Fair Founder Will Ramsay, UK Fair Director Elizabeth Dellert and UK Regional Managing Director Jennifer Conner, are available for interviews ahead of the Fair on topics including investing in art, choosing art for the home, making art accessible to all, supporting the UK’s creative sector and being one of the first major events to bounce back in London – following the success of Battersea Summer in July 2021.
All media questions, including Fair press pass requests, reviews, interview and images to:
Telephone: +44 (0) 207 221 7883
Press images: https://mediacentre.kallaway.com/affordable-art-fair/image-library
Notes to editors
Evolution London, Battersea Park, Queenstown Road, SW11 4NJ
- Wednesday 20 October – Private View 5.30-9.30pm | Complimentary wine from Ramon Bilbao and drinks provided by Official Partner, Martin Miller’s Gin.
- Thursday 21 October – General Public Opening – 11am-5.30pm
- Thursday 21 October – Late View – 5.30pm-9.30pm | Complimentary wine from Ramon Bilbao and drinks provided by Official Partner, Martin Miller’s Gin.
- Friday 22 October – general opening 11am-9.30pm
- Saturday 23 October – Family Hour, 10-11am |general opening, 11am – 6pm
- Sunday 24 October – Family Hour, 10-11am | general opening, 11am – 6pm
About Affordable Art Fair
Established in 1999, the Affordable Art Fair has revolutionised and democratised the art market with its fun and accessible approach, bringing art under £6,000 to buyers around the world. In a usual year, around 230,000 art-lovers visit an Affordable Art Fair in one of 10 cities around the world, including three fairs each year in London in Battersea and Hampstead. Every fair offers something different, with a diverse range of local, national and international galleries showcasing art in an array of styles. Pieces by household names sit alongside the latest emerging talent. The online marketplace now hosts 250 galleries offering 25,000 artworks, with sales regularly shipping to 16 markets.
About Martin Miller’s Gin – Official Drinks Partner
Martin Miller’s Gin was founded out of a ‘mad’ idea to create the world’s best gin. It was the first super premium gin on the market in 1999, effectively triggering the gin renaissance we know today. Co-Founders Martin Miller, David Bromige and Andreas Versteegh, challenged the convention of traditional gin production with a unique dual distillation process and dual heritage – liquid distilled in England from the finest botanicals then blended with the world’s purest water from Iceland. This inspirational story of transformation found in Martin Miller’s Gin holds a close affinity with the artistic process. From an outlandish vision, a liquid masterpiece was born - From Madness To Genius. Today Martin Miller’s Gin is the most awarded gin brand in the world for its quality.