Affordable Art Fair Brings the Art of Wellbeing to Hampstead: 2019 fair details announced
- The Affordable Art Fair returns to Hampstead Heath 9 – 12 May 2019 to showcase the art of wellbeing
- In partnership with Balance, the go to for inspiration on how to live well, the Hampstead Fair will host a specially curated meditative space to inspire, relax and rejuvenate visitors
- The ReBalance Room will host energising yoga workshops led by wellbeing guru Hannah Barrett, and classes by breathwork expert The Breath Guy
- In an Affordable Art Fair first, illustrator Lucie Sheridan will be whipping up her 3-minute portraits for visitors in her magic photobooth throughout the Fair week
- A packed programme of workshops will include Instagram sensation Maria-Ines Gul’s ‘How to turn a bad day into a good drawing’, and more from industry experts
The Affordable Art Fair will showcase the art of wellbeing at this year’s Hampstead Fair 9 – 12 May 2019. Alongside over 100 international galleries and 1000s of original artworks at affordable prices (from £100 - £6,000) the Fair will host yoga and breathwork classes, therapeutic workshops, immersive art, and relaxation classes throughout the week.
The Hampstead Fair 2019 will shine a spotlight on ten of London’s most exciting art students in a display curated by Made in Arts London, including Chelsea College of Art student Sebastian Chaumeton. Ahead of the Fair, Chaumeton will be creating one of his giant murals on Hampstead Heath, inviting locals on their weekend walks to give suggestions on what he should paint.
Affordable Art Fair X Balance
Balance magazine has joined forces with Hampstead 2019. Visitors are invited to meditate in their specially curated space with artworks designed to both relax and rejuvenate. Alongside inspirational artworks, visitors will enjoy bespoke yoga classes by wellbeing guru Hannah Barrett (@yoga_girl_london) and breathwork classes by expert teacher Richie Bostock (@thebreathguy).
Hampstead 2019 Artist-in-Residence
The Hampstead Fair has announced multimedia artist Jonathan Hillson as its artist-in-residence. His immersive video installation We are humanlooks at the mass migrant caravan that walked from South America to the US border last year. Jonathan will look into the stories behind those individuals, from all different walks of life, be that gender, sexuality, religion or viewpoint.
In a first for Affordable Art Fair, illustrator Lucie Sheridan will set up her magic photobooth. For just £20, a visitor will have a bespoke portrait drawn live by Lucie, whose signature style has seen her work with the likes of Habitat, Penguin and Waterstones.
The Fair will show visitors how best to achieve wellbeing through art in a packed programme of workshops and talks. Highlights include:
- Turn a bad day into a good drawing with Instagram sensation Maria Ines. The London-based designer, who has worked with the likes of Gucci will explore how to express yourself through illustration
- Find your calm in creativity with Hampstead School of Art’s workshops taking place in the Creative Studio. Visitors will the discover spiritual meaning behind mandalas in Therapeutic Dharma Wheels, and create their own miniature masterpieces in Calming Kaleidoscopes with New York-based public artist Amy Cheng
- A Live Art Takeover by artist of the moment Marcelina Amelia at Liberty Gallery, whose fans include Grayson Perry, and whose work has graced the pages of The NY Times and Vogue
- Celebrate at the Thursday Late View. For those looking to unwind and relax with a slice of midweek culture at the Thursday Late View. Visitors can delve into an innovative programme of un-missable workshops with complimentary drinks and a live DJ set throughout the evening – open from 5.30pm until 9pm
- Be the first to snap up the latest artworks at the Wednesday Charity Private View. Proceeds from tickets will go to the Hampstead Fair’s official charity partner, the Anna Freud National Centre for Children and Families (AFNCCF). The local charity will also host a workshop to discuss the importance of finding creative outlets to talk about mental health.
- END -
Notes to Editors
9 - 12 May, 2019
Hampstead Heath, Lower Fairground Site, London NW3 1TH
Charity Private View
Wednesday 8 May 2019: 17.30 – 21.30
Thursday 9 May, 11.00 – 17.30
Thursday Late View: 17.30 – 21.00
Friday 10 May: 11.00 – 19.00
Saturday 11 May: 11.00 – 18.00
Sunday 12 May: 11.00 – 18.00
Ticket prices: £8 - £25
For more information, or to buy tickets, please visit the website here: https://affordableartfair.com/fairs/london-hampstead