New Dates Announced: Yoga in the Walkways at Tower Bridge Exhibition
- Unique London experience continues to popular demand: kick-start the working day with energetic vinyasa-flow yoga, with a bird’s eye view from the most famous bridge in the world
- Strike the perfect downward facing dog, with the possibility of witnessing the magic of the Bridge’s famous raising bascules
- Tower Bridge Exhibition’s West Walkway mirror and £1million glass floors, which stretch across the Bridges’ high-level Walkways, provide a never-seen-before view of London Life
- Yoga classes to take place the third Wednesday of every month from October to December inclusive and the first Saturday of every month from October to December
- The 50-minute sessions will start at 7:30am on Wednesdays and 8am on Saturdays, tickets are available to book on Eventbrite https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/yoga-in-the-walkways-tickets-37909165334 £25 per person (spaces are limited and booking is essential). For further details visit www.towerbridge.org.uk.
- Yoga classes delivered by independent London-based yoga teachers Sarah McFadden on Saturdays https://www.sarah.yoga and Emmy Lopes on Wednesday https://emmyyoga.com
Tower Bridge Exhibition, one of London’s most iconic attractions, is launching a brand new Autumn season of its sell out ‘Yoga in the Walkways’ classes.
Back by popular demand, the sunrise vinyasa-flow yoga classes will take place on the world famous attraction’s glass floor walkway, a heart-thumping 138ft above the River Thames.
Designed to revitalise, reboot and rebalance, the classes are open to all abiliities and offer a unique setting to perfect the practice whilst taking in the magnificent and unrivalled views of the Bridge’s bascules and beyond.
The energetic early morning classes, taught by top teacher Emmy Lopes run from 7:30am to 8:20am on the third Wednesday of each month* from 18 October to 20 December inclusive. An early morning Saturday class taught by leading London Yogi Sarah McFadden will run from 8.00am to 8.50am on the first Saturday of each month from 7 October to 2 December. Booking a class on Eventbrite in advance is essential.
Participating yogis may also have the possibility of witnessing the magic of the Bridge’s famous bascules raising for a river vessel – an experience not to be missed.
The glass floor across each Walkway, installed in 2014, comprises of six panels, each weighing 530 kilograms, supported by a carbon steel framework weighing approximately 1,000 kilograms, and designed to withstand the weight equivalent of one elephant and two London Black Cabs. A mirror has been installed above the West Walkway – bringing a new dynamic to the view of the Thames and passing traffic below. The Walkways original steel lattice structure has been preserved under the glass.
Tower Bridge Exhibition tells the history of the Bridge through animations and displays, across its towers, high-level panoramic Walkways and the atmospheric Victorian Engine Rooms. For further information, visit www.towerbridge.org.uk.
A small number of mats are available but participants are advised to bring their own. However to maximise the experience on the new glass floor, it is recommended to use gripped gloves and socks. Space on the glass floor is limited so positions will be allocated on a first-come-first-serve basis.
Spaces are strictly limited. To avoid disappointment, book now at: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/yoga-in-the-walkways-tickets-37909165334
*Sarah will teach the class on Wednesday 18th October.
- Saturday 7 October 2017
- Wednesday 18 October 2017
- Saturday 4 November 2017
- Wednesday 15 November 2017
- Saturday 2 December 2017
- Wednesday 20 December 2017