‘Experience’ it at Tower Bridge Exhibition this Christmas
- New and experiential gift packages on offer for the festive season -
New for 2016, Tower Bridge Exhibition - the most famous Bridge in the world - is launching three unique Christmas gift packages. From yoga experiences 138ft above the River Thames, behind-the-scenes tours to the Bascule Chambers and beyond, and family packages including entrance tickets, travel packs, puzzles and more – Tower Bridge Exhibition has something for everyone.
Available this autumn exclusively through the attraction’s online shop, https://shop.towerbridge.org.uk the Christmas gift packages combine ‘sell out’ visitor experiences with iconic gift-shop accessories, creating unique presents that will leave a lasting impression.
For the yoga fanatic: Tower Bridge Exhibition’s ‘Yoga in the Walkways’ Experience
See the Thames flowing beneath your feet as you start the day with a Vinyasa Flow Yoga class on Tower Bridge’s high level Walkway. Stretch, pose and meditate 42 metres above the Thames whilst taking in the spectacular viewpoints from London’s most iconic landmark. Package includes a sporty Alice Tait tote and matching water bottle. The ideal gift for adventurous yogis.
Package costs £40.00 saving £7
For the aspiring engineer: Tower Bridge Exhibition’s ‘Get Engineered’ package
This Engineering Tour includes behind the scenes access to the Bridge Control Cabin, the magnificently restored steam engines that powered the Bridge until 1976, and the immense Bascule Chambers below river level. Great for those curious about hidden London – includes a Tower Bridge guidebook and a chance to marvel at the inner workings of the Capital’s most iconic Bridge, and enjoy the ultimate memento - a Nano Blocks model of Tower Bridge. This ingenious 3D puzzle uses a system of miniature linking bricks to build a detailed and creative model of the Bridge.
Package costs £62.00 saving £5
For explorers big and small: Tower Bridge Exhibition’s ‘Family Day Out’
Tower Bridge is the one-stop-shop for a family day out. Step inside and explore its iconic structure, glass floor, and the fascinating history of the most famous Bridge in the world! Theinnovative Tower Bridge Family Trail app brings the exhibition to life while you take in the sweeping views of the Thames, and adds an interactive element for the children in your family to enjoy.The Family Day package comes with the ultimate souvenir for the kids with a bright RedBus children’s backpack and a miniature Tower Bridge puzzle. Costs from £25.00 saving from £5
In addition to the exclusive Christmas packages, Tower Bridge Exhibition is also offering a range of traditional gifts available online and in-store. From a quirky Ice Tray to handmade funky Magda Koenner jewellery, Tower Bridge Exhibition’s Top 4 Traditional Gifts are:
Handmade Tower Bridge inspired Magda Koenner ring set. Cost: £9.00
- Tower Bridge ice tray. Cost: £4.00
- Unseen London book. Cost £30.00
- Skyline Chess Set. Costs £80.00
For further information or images, please contact:
Gael Dunn and Esther Saunders-Deutsch at Kallaway PR
E: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
T: +44 (0)207 221 7883
Notes to Editors:
Tower Bridge (http://www.towerbridge.org.uk/)
- Tower Bridge was the creation of architect Sir Horace Jones and civil engineer Sir John Wolfe Barry. It took eight years to complete and was officially opened on 30 June 1894 by the Prince and Princess of Wales (the future King Edward VII and Queen Alexandra)
- Tower Bridge Exhibition opening hours:
o Summer Opening Hours: April - September 10:00 - 17:30 (last admission)
o Winter Opening Hours: October - March 09:30 - 17:00 (last admission)
- Admission prices for Tower Bridge Exhibition:
- Adults: £9
- Children aged 5-15: £3.90
- Groups of 10 children or more: £3.40
- Concessions: £6.30
- Family tickets from £14.10
- Under 5s free
- The nearest underground stations are London Bridge or Tower Hill
- Starting the journey in the Bridge’s north tower, visitors are taken back in time with never-seen-before film footage of Victorian London and the first ever recorded bridge lift.
- The experience visiting the high-level Walkways has now been bolstered with the addition of the glass floor, which gives visitors a unique perspective of London 42 metres above the Thames. Guests are able to tread on the glass floor whilst traffic passes beneath their feet – the glass floor panels can withstand the weight equivalent to one elephant or two London Black Cabs.
- “Look up on London” – a mirror has been installed over the West Walkway’s glass floor offering visitors a dizzying experience of London
- The popular Great Bridges of the World exhibition has been refreshed, now featuring 40 of the world’s most revered bridges, each of which represents a breathtaking feat of engineering.
- Tower Bridge are supported by The City of London Corporation – a uniquely diverse organisation, in that it not only promotes and supports the City and provides it with a full range of services, but provides wider services for London and for the nation as a whole. www.cityoflondon.gov.uk.