LOVE IS IN THE AIR AT BATTERSEA POWER STATION AS THE ICONIC CHIMNEYS TURN RED FOR VALENTINE’S DAY
Floral workshops, oyster tasting, heart-shaped pizzas, romantic river cruises and delicious dinners for two are all on offer at Circus West Village this Valentine’s Day
The chimneys of Battersea Power Station will be turned red for Valentine’s Day as the restaurants and shops at Circus West Village, including florist to the royals, Moyses Stevens, provide a host of exciting offers for couples and singletons to enjoy. (Photographer: JohnnyStephensPhotography)
The iconic chimneys of Battersea Power Station will be lit up red this Valentine’s Day (14 – 17 February) as the new restaurants, shops and businesses at Circus West Village celebrate with an array of romantic offers for all to enjoy.
It comes hot on the heels of the latest new opening at this riverside destination. Moyses Stevens, renowned royal warrant holding florist known for its beautiful bouquets and floral arrangements, has opened a new boutique and flower school at Circus West Village.
With a range of classes and courses offered by a team of top floral designers, the school is perfect for anyone interested in floristry, or who simply wants to enjoy a fun evening with friends learning a new skill. To book a class or find out more about Moyses Stevens visit the website here.
As well as picking up the perfect bouquet for a loved one, visitors to Circus West Village this Valentine’s Day can also enjoy a delicious meal for two at one of the new restaurants or pamper themselves or a partner with a massage, blow dry or manicure at salon to the stars, Paul Edmonds.
Juliet Graham, Leasing Manager at Battersea Power Station Development Company said: “With river views, the iconic chimneys illuminated in red and a fantastic array of restaurants offering mouth-watering dishes, Circus West Village is the ultimate romantic destination this Valentine’s Day, not to mention the perfect spot for a riverside ‘selfie’.”
On offer at Circus West Village this Valentine’s Day:
- Wright Brothers – Make it special with an Oyster Masterclass and Champagne Tasting with oyster master Piper-Heidsieck, followed by an intimate sharing dinner for two. Buy your tickets here and take a peek at the full menu here.
- Cinnamon Kitchen & MBNA Thames Clippers – Set sail under the stars on an MBNA Thames Clippers River Bus with a glass of prosecco in hand. Arrive at Battersea Power Station Pier and head to Vivek Singh’s renowned modern Indian restaurant Cinnamon Kitchen for a four-course feast of flavoursome dishes. Book here.
- Fiume – Enjoy rustic southern Italian recipes and aperitivos with a romantic riverside view. Tuck into a four-course set menu which includes Taglioni with Scampi and Black Truffle. Book here.
- No. 29 Power Station West – Exquisite cocktails and fuss-free food sourced locally. The contemporary setting is perfect for a fun, relaxed date-night. Book here.
- Tapas Brindisa – ¡Feliz día de San Valentín! Celebrate the Spanish way with authentic tapas, cheese and charcuterie from the restaurant’s dedicated counter. Book here.
- Mother – Nothing says love more than pizza, especially when it’s shaped like a heart! Settle down in Mother’s atmospheric, candle-lit railway arch for a slice of their famous sourdough heart-shaped pizza or a bowl of delicious pasta. Book here.
- Battersea Brewery – With a taproom on site, the beer here can’t get any fresher. Enjoy with a homemade toastie or sharing board of British cured meats & cheeses for a match made in heaven. Tours of the onsite brewery make a great gift! Book here.
- Vagabond Wines – Wine and dine this Valentine’s and choose from Vagabond’s selection of 100 wines to sample by the glass. Check out their urban winery producing brilliant English wine on site for a date with a difference. Book here.
- Tonkotsu – Heart-warming bowls of ramen with freshly made noodles in a rich stock ready to slurp with your loved one any time of day. More info here.
- The CoffeeWorks Project – London’s best coffee meets freshly baked cakes, croissants and hot and cold brunch options. Take your date for a stroll by the river and pop in for a pick me-up.
Alternatively, spoil your partner or enjoy some well-deserved ‘me-time’ with the following:
- Moyses Stevens – Established in 1876, Moyses Stevens is one of the county’s oldest and most prestigious florists. Surprise someone with a signature bouquet of hand tied flowers or book a workshop to create it yourself. More info here.
- Paul Edmonds – A-list celebrity hair and beauty experts Paul Edmonds will have you looking and feeling your best. And if you’re stuck for a gift, why not treat your partner to a gift card? Book an appointment or shop online here.
- Battersea General Store – The local convenience store has a beautiful selection of pink Champagne, Champagnes truffles, cards and flowers. More info here.
Visit batterseapowerstation.co.uk and follow @BatterseaPwrStn to keep up to date with all the latest information.
For media enquiries, please contact:
Press Office, Battersea Power Station Development Company
T: +44 (0) 20 7062 1870
About Battersea Power Station:
- Battersea Power Station is one of central London’s largest, most visionary and eagerly anticipated new town centres in which roughly half the development will consist of shops, restaurants and office space. In addition, there will be a six-acre public park, a town square and a new tube station (scheduled to be within Zone 1).
- The Battersea Power Station project covers 42 acres and includes 3.5m sq ft of mixed commercial space, together with 4,239 new homes.
- The successful regeneration of Battersea Power Station will create 20,000 new jobs, inject £20bn into the UK economy and create a funding mechanism for the first major tube line extension since the Millennium. A new NHS medical facility is also being built.
- Circus West Village is the first phase of the development that opened to the public in Spring 2017 and forms the heart of the neighbourhood, providing a mix of new shops and restaurants, as well as an ongoing programme of events that have been enjoyed by nearly two million people so far.
- Over a thousand people are now living at Circus West and the MBNA Thames Clippers River Bus service is now in operation.
- The Battersea Academy of Skills Excellence (BASE), the development company’s bespoke jobs and training service created for those living locally, was launched in 2016. It is focused on matching people with jobs at Battersea as well as providing training relevant to the job pipeline at the development.
- Battersea Power Station is owned by a consortium of Malaysian investors comprised of S P Setia, Sime Darby Property and the Employees’ Provident Fund. Management of the development is being undertaken by the British-based Battersea Power Station Development Company.