AFFORDABLE ART FAIR BATTERSEA SPRING 2019
- Affordable Art Fair brings the eighteenth edition of Battersea Spring (7 – 10 March 2019) alive with the theme of colour
- Platform Projects will showcase emerging artists working on large-scale installations, with guest curator to be announced in the new year
- Tickets can be purchased here: affordableartfair.com
- Images of highlight works at the forthcoming fair can be downloaded from the media centre here: https://mediacentre.kallaway.com/affordable-art-fair/image-library
The Affordable Art Fair will return to Battersea Park for its annual spring edition from 7 – 10 March 2019. Ahead of their 20th anniversary celebrations at Battersea Autumn in October 2019, the Affordable Art Fair will kick start this commemorative year with a celebration of the use of colour. A packed programme of talks, workshops and live art demonstrations will explore the theme and the fair will host over 110 galleries, exhibiting 1,000s of original artworks at affordable prices (from £100 up to £6,000).
Returning to the Affordable Art Fair for Battersea Spring, Platform Projects is a collection of large-scale installations by emerging artists to be exhibited throughout the fair. The initiative breaks the mould of their other fairs, by giving a platform to artworks by 2019’s most exciting emerging artists.
Other programme highlights include:
- Get inspired by Mothers Who Make. The national initiative supporting mothers who are artists will host two panels across the weekend exploring how to realise your artistic ambitions.
- Celebrate at the Thursday Late. For those looking for the ultimate post-work release,catch a slice of midweek culture at the Thursday Late View. Visitors can delve into an innovative programme of unmissable workshops with complimentary drinks and a live DJ throughout the evening – open from 5.30 until 9pm.
- Colour yourself creative with colour-themed workshops by London Fine Art Studios taking place across the week, from choosing the best artwork for your home to creating your very own from 2019’s most on-trend palette.
- Brighten up your home for a good cause. NSPCC are Battersea Spring’s official charity partner and will be hosting a booth of donated paintings, drawings and sculpture, with all proceeds from sales going to the charity.
Full details of Battersea Spring, including featured artists, workshops, galleries and installations will be announced in January 2019.
Fair Founder Will Ramsay and Fair Director Lucinda Costello are available for interview ahead of the fair on topics including investing in art and choosing art for the home.
For high-res images, interview time with Will or Lucinda, and more information, please contact Kitty Langton at Kallaway on email@example.com or 020 7221 7883
- END -
Notes to Editors
7 – 10 March, 2019
Battersea Evolution, Battersea Park, Queenstown Road, SW11 4NJ
Wednesday 6 March 2019: 17.30 - 21.30
Thursday 7 March 2019: 11.00 – 17.30
Late View: Thursday 7 March 2019: 17.30 – 21.00
Friday 8 March 2019: 11.00 - 19.00
Saturday 9 March 2019: 11.00 - 18.00
Sunday 10 March 2019: 11.00 - 18.00
For more information, or to buy tickets, please visit the website here: https://affordableartfair.com/fairs/battersea-spring
About Affordable Art Fair
The Affordable Art Fair has revolutionised and democratised the art market with its fun and accessible approach, bringing art under £6,000 to its three UK locations: Battersea Park, Hampstead Heath, and Bristol, as well as an online shop. Every fair offers something different, with a diverse range of local, national and international galleries showcasing art in an array of styles. Pieces by household names sit alongside the latest emerging talent. The concept has become a global phenomenon with 13 fairs in 10 cities across several continents